Whether you want to improve your English, prepare for an exam or master the language for academic, professional reasons.
If you want to work on specific areas of improving your English or feel that the other courses might not be suitable for you, one-to-one lessons might be the perfect option for you.
One-to-one lessons are customised to improve your specific weaknesses, while also working on your overall English ability. In these lessons, you will be able to work more intensively with the teacher’s undivided attention. Therefore, progress is much faster than in a normal class.
The lessons will be prepared to suit the student and include a variety of topics and skills. The content can be negotiated between the teacher and the student.
You can book one-to-one lessons at any level and for as many hours as you wish. It is also possible to combine them with any of the other courses available.
Guided conversation about a chosen topic.
Guided comprehension of a variety of reading materials that motivate, challenge and generate discussion.
Writing practice of emails, CVs, essays and other types of written communication.
Guided comprehension of videos and audios from different sources including authentic material (the news, TV shows, native speakers).
Time: Student's own choice from Monday to Friday, 09.00-20.30 (subject to availability)
Start date: Any day (apart from when the academy is closed for Bank Holidays in 2018: March 30, April 2, May 7, May 28, Aug 27).
The academy is closed for the Christmas holidays: 25 December 2017 to 05 January 2018 & 24 December 2018 to 04 January 2019.
Course levels: Beginner (A1) to Advanced (C1)
Course duration: Student's own choice
Minimum age: 16+
Lesson duration: 1 hour
Hours per week: Student's choice
Fees: £38 per hour
Block booking of 5 hours: £180
Block booking of 10 hours: £300
There is no registration fee or materials fee.
The test includes a Level and Need Assessment with multiple choice grammar test, reading and writing exercises and a speaking interview.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate which will state you achievements and will be very useful to show future employers.
The lessons are designed around our own course materials from the best accredited publications, supplemented with interesting materials from various sources, including internet and newspapers.
At CIEA, we take your progress seriously. During your course, your study is monitored though (progress) tests, and regular consultation with your teacher. We want to make sure that you are progressing as quickly as you can.
Our mission is to offer to international learners quality English as a second language instruction in a friendly and dynamic environment.
In the classroom our accredited programmes help you build a strong foundation of the language – outside the class, our many social activities and your CIEA friends let you practice English anytime, all the time, and in all kinds of real-life situations.
Conditions of Enrolment 1. All course fees must be received before the course starts. Sometimes it can take several days for the money to arrive if you send it through the banks. It is your responsibility to make sure that it arrives in time. All PayPal or bank charges must be paid by the students.
2. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any student or to dismiss any student in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance or timekeeping or work, without refund of fees.
3. Travel, examination fees and the costs of social activities are not included in the fees. 4. No liability is accepted by the school for loss of property or damage to property. We strongly recommend students to take out insurance to cover their possessions, as well as medical insurance for themselves.
5. We reserve the right to cancel or alter a course or to change course timings. If we do so, we will offer an alternative course or a refund.
6. Holiday allowance: 1 week per 12 weeks studied.
7. Students should arrive Saturday or Sunday at their accommodation. For students wishing to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, one full week's accommodation charge will apply. For students arriving from Thursday onwards a nightly rate will apply (weekly rate divided by 7). All midweek arrivals are subject to availability and may not be possible year-round - please check before booking.
8. We will confirm courses on the basis of receiving a deposit of £250.
Amendment Charges 1. An administration fee of £25 will apply for students wishing to change their course.
2. Once the course has started students can upgrade the number of lessons per week but cannot downgrade it.
Cancellation Charges 1. If a course is cancelled more than 1 week before the start date, there is a £50 administration charge. If accommodation has also been arranged, there is an additional accommodation finding fee of £45.
2. If the course is cancelled less than 1 week before the start date, there is an administration charge of £50. If accommodation has been arranged, there is a cancellation charge of the accommodation finding fee plus one week's accommodation charge.
3. If a course is cancelled less than 24 hours before the course starts or after the student has started there is no refund in any circumstances. If the course is longer than 4 weeks, a credit will be given for the unused part of the course after 4 weeks. This may be used within one year and cannot be transferred to another student.
4. If homestay or student house accommodation is cancelled after a student has arrived at the accommodation, two weeks' notice must be given, or two weeks' accommodation charge paid. If a student requests to change accommodation, an additional accommodation finding fee will be charged. If a student decides to leave the accommodation and asks for a refund, this will be possible for those weeks remaining as long as two weeks' notice is given.
5. Students wishing to extend their accommodation must give 2 weeks' notice. We can not guarantee the availability of the same homestay. A £45 accommodation finding fee will be charged in the event that the same accommodation is not available and an alternative must be found.
6. If a student cancels a residence, fees will not be refunded.
7. If a student cancels a course because they are unable to get a visa and they can provide written evidence of this from the relevant Embassy or Consulate, we will make an administration charge of £50, but we will refund all course fees. Accommodation charges apply as above.
Force Majeure 1. In the event of 'force majeure' such as fire, flooding, infectious diseases and other events outside the company's reasonable control which may cause the closure of the school, no refund of fees will be made to students, except at the school's discretion in exceptional circumstances.
|Morning||15 Hrs||£120 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|Intensive||21 Hrs||£168 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|Evening||4 Hrs||£32 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|IELTS Preparation||15 Hrs||£180 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|IELTS Intensive||21 Hrs||£252 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|FCE/CAE||15 Hrs||£180 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|FCE/CAE||21 Hrs||£252 / Week||4+ Weeks|
|One-To-One Tuition||1+ Hours / Week||£38 / Hour||4+ Weeks|
|One-To-One Tuition (5 Lessons)||£180|
|One-To-One Tuition (10 Lessons)||£300|